Nothing is “normal” this year, and that goes for Small Biz Saturday as well! We know you’ll probably be doing more online shopping than ever so we wanted to share some local products and shops that we know and love! Click through to visit their sites and specials, and don’t forget to allow plenty of time for shipping. (Good things take time!) Don’t want to give presents this year? No problem! Skip to the bottom where we’ve shared some local orgs doing great things. We know they would love your financial support.
Blog · November 25 2020
Abode's 2020 Gift Guide
GIFTS FOR FOODIES
- Tease Chocolate has brand new inventory all available on their website. Everything that Tease sells, you eat with your eyes first because it’s so beautiful
- You can no longer eat-in at En Rama, but you can still order their house made pasta and unique cocktails to go
- Rustic Joyful Food’s Latest Cookbook, From My Heart’s Table offers lots of great ideas for comfort food
- Gift sets of gourmet salts from Liberte Du Monde are fun to share (and ship easily!)
- The Table - Thoughtful food preparation that is seasonal and delicious. Chef Derek’s artistic ability and love for food is still very evident even when you don’t get to dine in.
- Jan Parker Cookery offers gift cards online! Fresh and Distinct Filipino Food at the Proctor’s Farmers Market and at various pop ups around Tacoma!
- Buy a custom dessert from Spilled Butter Desserts located in Central Tacoma
- Old Town Delights gift baskets of caramels, pecan clusters and other goodness are easy to ship and easy to eat!
- Everything tastes better when served on this stunning mod platter from Petal on Park Ave!
GIFT A BEVERAGE
- Pick up a bottle of Bruno Verdi at Field Tacoma (in store and online)
- Buy fresh, locally roasted beans from Valhalla, Bluebeard, Manifesto or Campfire Coffee Co!
- Gift a crowler (canned beer) from The Red Hot or Pint Defiance
- Gig Harbor’s Heritage Distillery offers a bevy of boozes to make anyone’s spirits bright! (Check out their recipe section too)
- Make a great cocktail at home with Bona Fide Potents - locally sourced & seasonal flavors add something special to every drink
- For a special experience, give a gift certificate to the Olive Branch Cafe & Tea Room
- Craft 19 Coffee is a favorite in Sumner, as is Electric Coffee Co (order online here too!)
GIFTS & GREETINGS THAT ARE EASY TO MAIL
- PaperLuxe - offers $5 flat rate shipping, and has their own gift guide to make shopping easy!
- Katie Dean Art - vibrant cards and tea towels that are works of art
- East Avenue Press - letterpress cards, custom wrapping paper, calendars, stationary.
- Fernseed makes sending plants AND flowers simple!. Locally made ceramic pots to compliment the one-of-a-kind gift. I love Fernseed, not only for their savvy business practice, but also their stance on social justice.
- West Coast Laser Design - Buy an existing design, or have one put on a mug, keychain (almost anything you can imagine!)
- All Things Sheek - customize your gift boxes
- Angela with Lovesome Dove offers great art stickers as well as illustrations, shirts and printed goods! Purchasing her products also helps support non-profits fighting for social and environmental justice!
- Send a friend “Keep Moving” by Maggie Smith or “Rain City Lights” by Marissa Harrison both available at King’s Books
- Anna Brones (artist): Women’s Wisdom Project Postcard Calendar 2021
- This small cross body bag from Milla & Me would actually be perfect for a day of shopping! They have a lots of other sizes and designs; made in Tacoma.
- Spread love with this yard sign from Stocklist Goods
- Yule Like Tacoma ornament from Splendor and Stone (or one of her colorful, fun jewelry designs!)
- Chic & Timeless Kitchen Kickstart design package from Liz Morrow
GIFTS FOR THE HOME
- Locally made candles from a young, community-minded Tacoman: Calm & Cure Candle Co
- Jade & Co - planted gifts + gift boxes. Who doesn’t want more house plants? Jennie with Jade and Co. Succulents has got you covered. They currently have lush seeded eucalyptus holiday wreaths (see photo above)
- The vibrant tea towels, prints and note cards from Katie Dean will cheer anyone up!
- Shop Gigi - Although their selection online is limited, their reusable cocktail napkins can be just the thing you need to remind yourself, that once we do get back to social gatherings and parties they are going to be a blast!
- Midcentury NW is a great place to find mid mod Furniture & Decor
- My Pampered Life in Sumner recently opened 4 weeks ago! Check out some of the great gifts they have.
- Downing Pottery has a “hometown” line that puts Starbucks to shame! Check out her beautiful hand painted ceramics.
- This gorgeous puzzle is too pretty to take apart once it’s completed! Check out more like this at Adorned Abode in Tacoma’s Dome District.
- Northlight Interiors in Sumner is a well loved favorite
- Vessel Vintage Collective - located on Antique Row, and fully stocked with colorful glassware, vintage furniture and jewelry
GIFT LOCAL APPAREL
- eTc Tacoma - designs capsule collections that you’ve got to scoop up fast! Buy a giftcard so you’re ready for the next release.
- Pick up Abode’s Black Lives Matter T or Hoodie online or in person at ThunderDome (locations on South Tacoma Way and at Point Ruston)
- Cougarwear in Gig Harbor - is full of WSU gear, but we like this option in particular
- Carried by my Ancestors hoodie by Multifaceted Matriarch
- Treasures 4 Humanity - Gig Harbor Crew Neck sweatshirt
- Heis Co offers apparel and prints in “Everyday Monochrome”
- Sweet Pea & Boy - PNW themed hats, tees & hoodies like this “Do The Puyallup” crewneck
- We’re into the City of Destiny Hoodie from Tacoma Clothing Co.
- This Olympia Coffee Beanie is almost as popular as the black and white tile in their Tacoma shop!
- 1884 Tees & Crewnecks are an Abode fave!
- Evolve Home & Apparel is reopening across the street from their old location in the Three Bridges District
- Purpose Boutique is another Tacoma store that gives back
- T Town Trading Co. This Grit City Girl crewneck sweatshirt is on a few wish lists
- Be Defiantly Tacoma with this long sleeved T!
GIFTS FOR SELF CARE
- This everyday oil is a best seller at Tacoma Shop Little Sister
- Treat someone you love to a CBD gift pack or some delicious gummies at Mary Mart
- Poppylion Salon & Apothecary - full-service hair salon & ritual shop
- Serenity Spa, is offering a great Cyber Monday Deal - Buy a $250 gift card for $200
- Tamar with Rejuvenation Junction has got you covered on the best massage and facial! (She also has a special book with a one hour massage and get 30 mins free)
- Fancy with So Fancy LLC has all the hand made products for your skin and body care. The calming face mist is a mood!
- Love Lurra - is a small family owned business committed to crafting natural and effective self-care products that are kind to your skin and the earth
- 2 Hands Studio- Massage She is offering a ‘Buy two gift cards and get entered into a drawing for free massages for a year!
SUSTAINABLE/ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY GIFTS
- Soap Refillery - gift a sustainable home starter kit! It has everything you need from laundry, cleaning and dishes and without a single use of plastic containers! I also love the bamboo dish brush and Swedish dish cloths.
- Find cute vintage clothing from the former owner of UXC at, Your Friend Caroline
- Book a private shopping session at Urban Squirrel on Antique Row
- Des with Casita Tacoma features vintage wear and local handmade goods! A nice one-stop shop in the Lincoln District
- A to Z Vintage
- Tacoma Consignment has a huge showroom in Downtown Tacoma and you can now shop online for furniture and home decor
- Gift a membership to the W.W. Seymour Conservatory, or do some shopping at their online store!
- Roots and Rocks Plant Store - Puyallup
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE GIFTS
- Frontline Finish - Car Detailing in Tacoma
- Brandi Douglas with Multifaceted Matriarch offers digital decolonizing consulting, working alongside you to examine your business as a womxn/femme of color and how the two perfectly intersect. She is accepting new clients in 2021! Feel free to visit her site for various apparel and accessories
- Help a friend install their holiday lights Sterling Holiday Lights
- West Coast Laser can engrave or customize just about anything for a reasonable price! (We like this fun bottle opener)
- This is a great time to pay ahead for your favorite stylist, such as Mallory Stolz at Le Roi Salon
- Gift a session for family portraits, captured by the super talented Trigga T
- Abode orders its hoodies and T’s from The Tshirt Men Company - they will do a custom design for you too!
- Want to freshen up your home but aren’t sure how? Hire Anatomy of a Home to redesign a room - for you or someone else!
- We’d love a spa gift card from Solei & Co Day Spa and Boutique in Lake Tapps. Here are their Black Friday specials!
- Charme Nails & Skin Studio in Downtown Tacoma - extra care is being given to ensure a safe experience for staff and customers
GIFTS FOR THE YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART
- Al & Eddie Online company that sells cute socks for kiddos. This company was created about a year ago or so by clients of mine who live in Bremerton, WA Online company that sells cute socks for kiddos.
- Teaching Toys and Books in Proctor is a great spot to bring your kiddos. My daughter would love this candy chemistry kit or maybe this sushi set
- Curious Bear Toy & Book Shop: Animal Kingdom Double Sided Puzzle
- Lemon Heart Creations: handmade dolls and animal dolls - custom orders too!
- McCoy Kids is a new online shop for babies and new parent based here in Tacoma. They are offering 25% off for Small Biz Saturday sitewide!
- Java & Clay - purchase a session for future fun!
- Mini creative coping kits at Chalk and Bubbles Box
- Lupine Littles - Heirlooms for your littles
- Come check out the Narwhals at a Good Book bookstore in Sumner. Books are $2.99/each or free to any kid 12 and under who tries to tackle spelling narwhal. While you’re there, check out their great selection of puzzles!
- Enjoy the Wild Walk Experience at Northwest Trek or buy a membership to Point Defiance Zoo.
- Wizarding World fizzing bath bombs from Soap & Clay
- Zoom dance lessons from Sound Movement Arts Center
GIFTS FOR PET LOVERS
- Wag Pet Market - Locally owned, one-stop-shop for your furry family members located in the heart of Proctor District.
- Get felt pet portraits from Motherland and Company
- Lucky Dog Outfitters -Gig Harbor
- Coxswain Press (local print artist): Lucky Cat Block Print
- Sock Monkeys for cats & dogs from Choppers in Fircrest
GIFTS FOR ART & MUSIC LOVERS
- Brighten someone’s day with a beautiful water color painting of Mt Rainier from Amelia Kaiser
- Shop the Hilltop Artists Winter Glass Sale on Dec. 5th
- Speak Thunder Art creates Salish tribal art designs - They have sales going on right now for these 11x14 Matte Hand assembled coastal Salish designs
- Grab a new or used record or DVD from Hi Voltage Records
- Paige Pettibon is a talented local visual artist and jewelry designer. Follow her Instagram to see new pieces available for purchase!
- Facemasks and more by artist Anna Miskcke
- Pacific Wren Studio Handmade ceramics by Tacoma artist Katy Crandall
- Arts & Craft Press 2021 Calendar is a stunner, featuring block prints by local artist Yoshiko Yamamoto
- Buy an art print of Tacoma from Fergus Hyke and a gift certificate from Tacoma Frame Makers
- These ceramic earrings from Almeda Jewelry are one of a kind, locally made AND easy to mail!
MENTAL & PHYSICAL HEALTH
- Hien Hong is a great gentle yoga instructor. She has several offerings in yoga and meditation and also uplifts and amplifies the voices of BIPOC
- Stay well this Winter with plant based products like these Elderberry Gummies from Healthy Spirit & Body
- Meesa with Harmonics 253 offers a wide variety of holistic medicine services. We would recommend the Harmonic Alignment, which is customized to the client’s needs
- A2 Physical Therapy offers much more than rehab with small group fitness sessions
- Help a friend with healthy meal prep with a gift card for Crisp Greens or Super Marios Kitchen
- Louis at Onsight Fitness 253 can surely whip you up in shape AND they are doing amazing things in our community!
- Route16 Running & Walking in GIg Harbor
- Share a bike tune up from Tacoma Bike
- Buy fresh pressed juices, smoothies and smoothie bowls from Gather Juice Co. on 6th Ave or Intentions Juice Bar on South Tacoma Way
- Give your eyes a rest with blue light blocking glasses from El Visionz
GIVE THE GIFT OF COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- Donate community meals from local chef Jan Parker Cookery
- Tacoma Diaper Drive for the Food Connection at St. Leo’s - they serve more than 20,000 families in Pierce County.
- Tacoma Rescue Mission - provides meals and emergency shelter to men and families with children in Pierce County
- Dough Nation - created a platform that provides the necessary resources for aspiring, young professionals.
- Tacoma Women of Color Collective - their mission is to cultivate space for WOC and nurture community, collaborate and share business, educational and life resources.
- Palmer Scholars offers mentorship and college scholarships for underrepresented students of color
- Al Lago restaurant in Lake Tapps has had a program running since March where you can donate meals to front line workers
- Farm 12 Restaurant and Event Center - provides jobs and training in partnership with Step by Step, a local organization that empowers mothers and mothers to be