What we love about this home:
1. That stick and ball detail in the entry. You 100% don’t see this in new construction and we’re so glad it was preserved!
2. High ceilings. You can almost guarantee that a home this age (1907) will have higher than 8′ ceilings, which allow for taller windows and more light (a key to surviving Pacific Northwest Winters!)
3. Main floor laundry. No dropping your delicates on the basement floor. Hooray! (Even better is that you have an actual laundry / mud room that you can shut the door on).
4. Old house charm + new house kitchen. I’ll take updated kitchen appliances along with my character any day. (No need to hand wash dishes to be period appropriate). Also digging on the dramatic swoop of that clawfoot tub... Swoon!
5. The Hilltop neighborhood is a vibrant community with rich history and lots of opportunities to get involved.
Pop over to Michael’s blog, to find out more about the features of this home and what’s in the Hilltop neighborhood!