It’s time to prep for cozier weather -- rainy afternoons, fires in the fireplace and Sunday football and streaming binges. Here’s a list of things to do this Fall in order to keep your home maintained!
- Have your furnace inspected and change filters
- Schedule chimney sweep and fireplace cleaning
- Inspect your basement and attic for unwanted pests
- Clean humidifiers and remove window A/C units
- Change batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Stock up on Winter supplies
- Inspect the roof for damaged shingles, skylights, etc.
- Clean gutters and repair any leaks
- Check the caulking and weather stripping around doors, windows, and garage
- Cover and store patio furniture and heaters
- Fertilize lawn and prune trees and shrubs
- Detach hoses and winterize sprinkler system
- Check the foundation for cracks and seal as needed
- Assess driveway and perimeter drainage before the rain comes
Make sure to complete this checklist to keep your home in its best shape throughout the Fall and in preparation for Winter!