Sold on March 5, 2023
Historic Tacoma Abode
524 160th Street E · Tacoma, WA
Listing by NWMLS / Windermere Abode
- Year Built 1920
- Lot Size 38,999 sq ft
- Parking Spaces 3
- Parking Type RV Parking, Driveway, Attached Garage
- Style Craftsman
- Lot Details Corner Lot, Curbs, Paved
- Exterior Features Wood
- Interior Features High Efficiency - 90%+, Central A/C, Heat Pump, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Bath Off Primary, Double Pane/Storm Window, Dining Room, Fireplace (Primary Bedroom), Vaulted Ceiling(s), Water Heater
- Floor Covering Ceramic Tile, Hardwood
- Annual Taxes $9,232 (2022)
- MLS Number 2003263
- Elementary School Thompson Elem
- Junior High Spanaway Jnr High
- Senior High Spanaway Lake High
If you’re looking for adventures beyond your own backyard, Spanaway Lake is open year round and offers a good harvest opportunity for stocked rainbow trout. Spanaway Lake has some of the best fishing for rock bass in the area. The 135-acre park along beautiful Spanaway Lake is extremely popular with many year-round activities. Visitors to the park can explore a multitude of aquatic recreation opportunities, including two swimming beaches (no lifeguards), a boat launch, and a fishing pier. If you’d rather stay dry, there’s a new picnic area by the south swimming beach, ADA playground equipment with a seating plaza for parents and a new three mile trail system by Little Spanaway Lake.
You can’t miss the big vintage 1955 bus and eye-catching red/white striped building serving up hot dogs, shakes, burgers, chili and a little nostalgia at Lucky’s Drive-In.
Grab groceries and a bite to eat less than a mile in the Spanaway Village Shopping Center. You’ll find Walgreens, Albertsons, Tractor Supply Co., Safeway, and a handful of eateries including the Country Rose Cafe. This family-friendly diner serves breakfast like plate size buttermilk pancakes, deli-style sandwiches, burgers with thick cut fries, and desserts.
Spend the afternoon at Debbie Dolittle’s Animal Experience - a cozy indoor petting zoo in Tacoma that offers hands-on animal encounters with sloths, otters, pony rides, camel rides, rabbits, turtles, goats, pigs, lambs, Zebu calf, an alpaca, capybara, birds, pacas and more!