Sold on September 14, 2023
Brown's Point Stunner
4317 40th Avenue NE · Tacoma, WA
Listing by NWMLS / Windermere Abode Lakewood
- Year Built 1998
- Lot Size 7,113 sq ft
- Parking Spaces 2
- Parking Type Driveway, Attached Garage
- Style Northwest Contemporary
- Lot Details Corner Lot, Curbs, Paved, Secluded, Sidewalk
- View Mountain(s)
- Exterior Features Wood Products
- Interior Features Ceramic Tile, Wall to Wall Carpet, Laminate, Bath Off Primary, Ceiling Fan(s), Double Pane/Storm Window, Sprinkler System, Dining Room, French Doors, Security System, Skylight(s), Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Pantry, Fireplace, Water Heater
- Heating & Cooling Forced Air, Heat Pump, Forced Air, Heat Pump
- Floor Covering Ceramic Tile, Laminate, Vinyl, Carpet
- Annual Taxes $6,323 (2023)
- MLS Number 2136266
- Elementary School Crescent Heights
- Junior High Meeker
- Senior High Stadium
Browns Point is situated on the eastern side of the entrance to Commencement Bay, which leads south from Puget Sound to the busy Port of Tacoma and has a little bit of fun history behind it. In 1887, two years before Washington became a state, a fixed white light lens lantern was placed on a white post on Point Brown. It was about twelve feet above sea level and 50 yards from the low water end of shore. In 1901 the first lighthouse and a house for the lighthouse keeper were built, which today is known as the Browns Point Lighthouse Park - a popular outdoor spot for locals and provides the community waterfront access, enticing beachcombers year round and sunbathers and picnickers during the summer. A large green space makes this a nice spot for a picnic as you watch the deep-sea ships entering Tacoma's busy portal.
This home sits near the North Shore Public Golf Course featuring a fun, yet challenging, well manicured 18-hole public course. Players of every level can enjoy golf at North Shore. On the Greens Restaurant, perfect for a pre- or post-round meal, features a delightful menu of American fare.
Enjoy the local community center just a couple miles away! The Center at Norpoint is a multi-purpose community center located in Northeast Tacoma. The facility features both recreational and community spaces and caters to all ages and ability levels. They have a pool, climbing wall, fitness and wellness and programs for all ages , a skatepark, a splash pad and park!
For more outdoor fun - Washington water fans, look no further! Bust out your kayak, sand bucket, swimsuit or fishing rod, and head straight for Dash Point State Park!
The Cliff House Restaurant is just 7 minutes away along Marine View Drive and serves up Pacific Northwest seafood, steaks & pasta served in an elegant dining room with sweeping Sound views. The crab and artichoke dip is a highly recommended appetizer to share while waiting on entrees. Most reviews you'll find don't mention that this is a kid friendly establishment. A pro tip though - be sure to make reservations if you'd like to nab a table with a view of the water.